Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Repair & Services
The term “electric vehicle” is commonly used to refer to all-electric cars. Sometimes, it can also refer to plug-in hybrid electric and hybrid vehicles, which can be confusing.
All-electric or battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) operate solely on electricity and can be charged using an external power source. Hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) have an internal combustion engine and a battery that can only charge through the engine.
Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) sit in the middle; they have an engine and a battery that can be charged externally and from the engine.
At Repair One, our highly-skilled ASE-certified mechanics have received specialized training for virtually all makes and models, including electric, plug-in hybrid, and hybrid vehicles. Don’t hesitate to contact us for the repair and maintenance of your hybrids and electric cars.
Specialized Repairs & Maintenance Services for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
As an electric or hybrid vehicle driver, you know it’s different from a conventional gas vehicle. Because of this, most independent repair shops usually don’t have the expertise and equipment to service these vehicles properly. This has required you to take your car to the dealership for even the most basic maintenance services.
Fortunately, you have a better, faster, and more cost-effective option in Repair One. All our service centers in Spring, Klein, and The Woodlands, TX specialize in EV and hybrid repair and maintenance.
Our experienced mechanics can service various hybrid and EV parts, including:
- Battery: A critical component of electric and hybrid vehicles. It requires regular maintenance to ensure it is functioning optimally. This includes checking the battery’s charge level, monitoring its temperature, and cleaning the terminals.
- Electrical system: Electric and hybrid vehicles have complex electrical systems that require regular maintenance. This includes checking the wiring and connectors, ensuring the charging system works correctly, and scanning the onboard computer for error codes.
- Brakes: Electric and hybrid vehicles use regenerative braking. These brakes are used less frequently than in traditional cars. However, the brakes still require regular maintenance to ensure they are working correctly.
- Tires: Like conventional vehicles, proper tire maintenance is essential for electric and hybrid cars. Tire services will include checking the tire pressure, tire rotation, and wheel alignment.
- Cooling system: This system helps regulate the battery’s temperature and other components. It requires regular maintenance to ensure cooling parts work correctly and prevent overheating.
- High-voltage system: Hybrids and EVs have high-voltage systems that require specialized care. This includes checking the cables and connectors, ensuring the system is grounded correctly, and ensuring the system is properly insulated.
Contact Repair One in Spring, Klein, & The Woodlands, TX for Hybrid & Electrical Vehicle Repairs
At Repair One, we are proud to be home to the best EV and hybrid mechanics in Spring, Klein, and The Woodlands, TX. Customers come to our shops to experience our fast, affordable hybrid and EV servicing solutions.
We stand behind our work with a best-in-class warranty. All eligible repairs include a nationwide 24-Month/24,000 warranty. Best of all, we offer two convenient locations to service your hybrid and electric vehicles.
Contact The Woodlands shop at (936) 271-1110 or visit us at 6495 College Park Drive in The Woodlands, TX 77384. Contact the Spring/Klein shop at (832) 422-3994 or visit us at 8680 Louetta Road, Spring, TX 77379.