For Immediate Release
Contact: Riley O’Neal
FDA Clears Path for Breast Cancer Vaccine
With the help of $1million, raised by the auto repair industry
In October, Repair One Automotive in Klein, TX will join hundreds of Independent Auto Repair Shops across the US and Canada to raise funds for breast cancer vaccine research as part of the Brakes for Breast fundraiser.
As part of the fundraiser, participating auto repair facilities will give away FREE (quality) brake pads or shoes. The customer simply pays the labor and any other ancillary parts necessary to complete the brake job, and the shops then donate 10% of the brake job directly to Dr. Vincent Tuohy & the Cleveland Clinic Breast Cancer Vaccine Research Fund.
Brakes for Breasts fundraising efforts started in 2011 with 5 automotive repair shops in the Cleveland, Ohio area that raised $10,000 and has now evolved to incorporate hundreds of shops in the United States and Canada. Since then, these shops have collectively raised over $1million, making Brakes for Breasts the largest third-party fundraising entity at the Cleveland Clinic. More importantly, Brakes for Breasts has become an integral partner of the effort to develop the first vaccine designed to prevent triple-negative breast cancer, the most aggressive and lethal form of this disease.
To date, the donation total is $1,192,034.62!
Brakes For Breasts is different from any other breast cancer campaign:
- Dr. Tuohy and his team of researchers at the Cleveland Clinic has actually created a vaccine that has proved effective in laboratory animals in actually preventing breast cancer.
- As of April, current plans to recruit and vaccinate participants in Phase 1 trials by end of July 2021.
- 100% of every penny raised goes directly to the Cleveland Clinic for research on the Breast Cancer Vaccine.
- These are just “mom & pop” shops across the country, independent business owners that have joined hands for a great cause.
To learn more about Dr. Tuohy’s breast cancer vaccine, browse a list of participating shops, and view a yearly breakdown of our total $1,192,034.62 raised, go to www.brakesforbreasts.com or follow us on Facebook @brakesforbreasts.
Repair One Automotive Spring/Klein Brakes for Breasts Details :
- For the special price of $150, you will receive a brake repair including changing pads and resurfacing rotors*
- Pads will be given away 100% free
- Additional cost will apply for new rotors and/or brake flush
- 10% of all brake repairs will be donated to Brakes for Breasts during October
About Repair One Automotive:
In the early 1990s, as a stockbroker, Repair One owner, Brent, found himself burned out and wanting to get out of the high stress, fast pace world of trading. He did just that when I bought a small franchise auto repair shop. After 10 years, wanting to relocate, he closed that shop to move to The Woodlands, TX, and built his dream shop. Since 1993, he and his wife Brenda have worked to build a shop that caters to the people of their community. In September 2020, their son, Riley, earned his Business degree and followed his dream to own and operate a second location which opened in Spring/Klein, TX.